Conditions of camping
These conditions of camping constitute the terms of which you are permitted to occupy a campsite managed by the Capel Sound Foreshore Committee of Management Inc.(Committee of Management). Any breach of these conditions by any person occupying or visiting your site is deemed to be in breach of the conditions of camping by the permit holder.
1. Camping Permit
- A permit to camp must be obtained from the ‘Rangers Office’ prior to setting up camp. The permit must be displayed on site at all times. A receipt must be produced where requested by any member of the Capel Sound Foreshores Team.
- No letting or sub-letting of camp sites or caravans / tents is permitted.
- Camping permits are non transferable. A site must be occupied by the person/s named on the application.
- A site may be occupied by a maximum of four (4) adults, or up to 6 with only 2 adults-and children under 18 years of age.
- All fees must be paid in advance, prior to camping.
- The issue of a camping permit does not create the right to its renewal the following or any subsequent year.
2. Arrival / Departure
Arrival / Check In Time is from 2:00pm.
Departure / Check Out Time is by Midday.
3. Animals / Pets
The keeping of animals of any kind is strictly prohibited within the Capel Sound Foreshores Reserve.
4. Noise / Behavior / Alcohol
- All noise audible from the closest site must cease by 11pm.
- Use of bad language, engaging in offensive behavior, or being intoxicated is not permitted within the Capel Sound Foreshores Reserve.
- Alcohol must be confined to sites for which a camping permit is held.
- Council Local Laws prohibit the consumption of alcohol in public places ie..roads, car parks, beaches. On the spot penalties apply
5. Camp Set-Up
- Camp sites vary in size. There is no guarantee that tents, vans or vehicles will fit onto any site. It is your responsibility to ensure the selection of a site which will fully contain all of your camping requirements, including your vehicle/s.
- All camp set-ups must have a minimum setback of 1000mm from any site boundary and have a minimum unobstructed separation of 1200mm between any caravan, tent or structure on one site and any adjoining site.
- The use of only one (1) 15 AMP main supply power lead is permitted. Power leads must be inspected and tagged for compliance. Any fees associated with electrical failures due to over-loading or sub-standard equipment will be payable directly by the permit holder. Power leads must not be run across any roadway or access track.
- Where a site is unoccupied overnight, the water must be turned off at the tap.
- A maximum of two (2) external lights with a 200watt maximum current draw are permitted.
- Internal combustion electricity generators are prohibited within the Capel Sound Foreshores Reserve. Solar or other passive systems are permitted.
- Containers must be provided for the discharge of waste.
6. Gas Supply
A maximum quantity of 20kg of Liquid Petroleum Gas (LPG) may be stored on any site.
7. Length of Stay
A camping permit will be granted for a period of no more than 59 consecutive nights.
Any persons, including children, riding bicycles within the Capel Sound Foreshores Reserve must wear appropriate helmets at all times.
- Showers must be used sensibly and with due regard to fellow campers.
- Cooking is not permitted in amenity areas.
- Children must be accompanied to the showers / toilet by adult.
- Smoking is prohibited in all buildings, including amenity blocks and camp kitchen.
- General campsite waste only is to be placed in the bins provided. Larger waste items must be removed from the foreshore eg..large boxes, carpet remnants, white goods etc.
- Bins may not be removed from their positions.
- All other property must be removed from the site / foreshore at the end of your stay, leaving the site in a clean and tidy condition. Where rubbish / property is required to be removed additional fees will be incurred
11. Fire Safety Requirements
- Fires are strictly prohibited within the Capel Sound Foreshore Reserves, or on beaches at any time.
- Naked flames are prohibited on Total Fire Ban days.
- Solid fuel BBQ’s are not permitted.
- All camps must have at least one of each of the following:
a. A suitable fire extinguisher;
b. A fire blanket in any cooking area; and
c. A smoke detector (which complies with the relevant Australian Standards).
12. Vegetation (Flora / Fauna)
- You must not interfere in any way with the flora and fauna found on the Foreshore Reserves.
- You must not cut, saw, dig, move or displace any tree, bough, live or dead timber, wood or other material which may be in or around the Capel Sound Foreshores Reserve.
- No wires, ropes or similar materials shall be attached to any tree or vegetation less than 180mm in diameter.
- Caravans must be registered, insured and roadworthy for use on a highway in the State of Victoria. Wheels must be fitted and tyres inflated at all times.
- The speed limit within the Capel Sound Foreshores Reserve is 10km p/h—walking pace.
- Roadways must be kept clear and safe at all times.
- Motorised scooters and other similar motorised vehicles are prohibited within the Capel Sound Foreshores Reserve, unless used in compliance with the requirements of the Road Rules Victoria.
- Vehicles must be fully contained within the site boundaries, including boats / trailers.
- Should additional parking be required, an application for an additional site will be required.
14. Breach of Conditions of Camping
If you commit a breach of these Conditions of Camping, the Committee of Management :
- May, but is not obliged to, issue an oral or written warning to you, or,
- May terminate your right to occupy a site.
In the event that your right to occupy a site is terminated :
- You must immediately vacate the site without refund.
Please be aware of our sensitive environment.
Digging of trenches may cause damage to the surrounding vegetation, or cause injury to people walking in the area.